- “A dry martini,” [Bond] said. “One. In a deep champagne goblet.”
- “Oui, monsieur.”
- “Just a moment. Three measures of Gordon’s, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it’s ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel. Got it?”
- “Certainly, monsieur.” The barman seemed pleased with the idea.
- “Gosh, that’s certainly a drink,” said Leiter.
- Bond laughed. “When I’m…er…concentrating,” he explained, “I never have more than one drink before dinner. But I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made. I hate small portions of anything, particularly when they taste bad. This drink’s my own invention. I’m going to patent it when I can think of a good name.”
And by the end of the book Casino Royale, he [Bond] named it the Vesper after the lead female in the novel, Vesper Lynd.
3 measures of Gordon’s Gin
1 measure of Vodka (grain preferred)
1/2 measure of Kina Lillet
Lemon Twist for garnish
Shaken, not stirred.
You may have heard of a White Russian from the movie The Big Lebowski, but did you know a White Russian is actually a Black Russian with cream added in the mix? Well, here is a drink that you may not be familiar with that is surprisingly similar to the two. It’s called a Colorado Bulldog, and is actually a White Russian with cola added into it. This added twist actually gives a more interesting flavor with the cola’s fizzy bubbles.
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Kahlua
Half fill with Cream
Half fill with Cola
It tastes almost like chocolate milk. With cola. And Vodka. 🙂
The Warp Pipe is a wonderful mechanism that transports the beloved Nintendo superhero Mario into different locations by disregarding physics. I stumbled upon this drink on a website called The Drunken Moogle that featured video game-inspired drinks and was struck by its simplicity and originality. As mentioned in the drink’s description, it is the perfect summertime drink to sip on while admiring a beautiful sunset. Also, as its name suggests, it goes down fast.
3/4 oz. Blue Curacao
1/2 oz. Bols Melon (Melon Liqueur)
1/2 Bottle of Mike’s Hard Limeade
1/2 Lime (Cut into wedges)
It’s a meeee, Mariooooo.
One of my favorite childhood games was Starcraft and when I happened to come across this drink called MotherShip, inspired by the release of its sequel Starcraft II, I just had to try it out. Its appearance as a drink can only be described as eye-catching like it is in the game. The recipe itself is similar to a popular drink among college students named Adios Mother****er, or AMF for short, which in reality is similar to the classic Long Island Ice Tea.
1/3 oz. Vodka
1/3 oz. Light Rum
1/3 oz. Gin
1/3 oz. Tequila
1/3 oz. Cointreau
1/3 oz. Bols Blue
2/3 oz. Lime Juice
1/3 oz. Simple Syrup
Top with Sprite/7Up
(Drink originally created by Scrollbar.dk)
3/4 oz. Green Creme de Menthe
3/4 oz. White Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz. Light Cream
..or simply equal parts of all three ingredients.
The thing I like about this drink is that it is highly customizable. You can add coffee, vodka, ice cream, etc. It really is up to your sweet tooth on how it should be done. I personally like topping it with whipped cream, a cherry, and a Ferrero Rocher chocolate, to make it the ultimate dessert cocktail.